ANNUAL QUOTA: 200 VISAS
Japanese citizens who wish to enter the Argentine Republic within the framework of the Memorandum of Cooperation between Argentina and Japan on a Work and Holiday Program must obtain the relevant visa. The work and holiday visa shall be issued to Japanese citizens who meet the following requirements at the time of submitting the application:
- They are Japanese citizens, holders of a valid Japanese passport, residents in territory of Japan;
- They are aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30), both inclusive;
- They are not travelling accompanied by dependent family members, unless they have their own visa;
- They have not previously taken part in the Programme;
- They have no criminal record;
- They have sufficient funds for their maintenance during the initial period of their stay, at the discretion of the relevant authorities;
- They have a return ticket to their home country or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- They hold medical insurance including hospitalization and repatriation in case of sickness or death for the 12 months of authorized stay;
Applicants are reminded that, upon obtaining a Work and Holiday Visa, they will be authorized to stay in Argentina for a period of up to twelve (12) months, non-renewable. They may enter into and leave Argentina and work, provided it is not a permanent job.
How to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa
The visa application is personal and must be submitted along with the following documentation (original and copies) to the Argentine Embassy in Japan:
- Valid japanese passport with at least one blank page;
- Completed visa application form;
- One front face photograph (4x4 cm) on white background;
- A criminal record search certificate issued by japanese authorities stating that the applicant has no criminal record for the last three years;
- An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal record in other countries;
- A return ticket to Japan or proof of sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Proof of sufficient funds for the applicant's maintenance during the initial period of stay (a minimum of US u$s 2.500). This requirement may be fulfilled by submitting (either own or third-party) bank statements for the last three months or credit card statements;
- A reservation or a budget for medical and accident insurance for a minimum of US u$s 30,000, including repatriation of human remains and sanitary repatriation;
- Motivation letter stating that the main purpose of the trip is to vacation in Argentina, being work an incidental aspect of the visit.
The fulfillment of these requirements does not guarantee the grant of a visa as this is an exclusive prerogative of the Argentine Government.