This Office enables foreign Missions to apply to change the ID Cards of the authorized drivers of a car belonging to a civil servant from a foreign Mission.
The changing must be requested through a Note duly signed by the Chief of Mission (or legal surrogate), bearing his full names and position within the Representation; informing the reasons for the change.
Police report must be appended in case the ID cards were robbed, lost, etc
Only members of the car owner's family, other members of the foreign Mission to which he/she belongs and persons at his/her service will be authorized to drive the car, and only up to a maximum of THREE (3) people including the car owner. For this purpose, those considered to be members of the car owner's family are his/her descendants, ascendants, including adopters and adoptees, spouse, collateral relatives up to the third degree of kinship and persons for whom he/she is legally responsible and who live in the same household as him/her.
In the case of private cars belonging to Chiefs of Mission only, persons at his/her service can also include local employees of the foreign Mission who are officially accredited or registered in the National Protocol Department.
Authorization to drive for personnel at the service of the car's owner, is subject to their accreditation in the National Protocol Department.
1. Note of the Mission: This must be requested through a note, signed by the Chief of Mission (or legal surrogate) and bearing his/her full name and position within the Mission. The note must specify the reason or cause for the changes.
2. Please attach Form FDF N° 0012 entitled “Registro de autorizados a conducir el automotor de un Funcionario de la Representación” (Register of authorized drivers of a car belonging to a civil servant from a foreign Mission)
3. Please attach a NON-CERTIFIED COPY of the Driving License of each of the drivers, issued by a competent authority from the Republic of Argentina, up to a maximum of THREE (3) persons.
4. Please attach a COPY, CERTIFIED by the Chief of Mission, of the document, issued by the relevant body, establishing that the person authorized to drive has no record of traffic violations.
5. Please attach the Driver ID Cards of each of the previously authorized drivers who will no longer be authorized to drive the car, or the ORIGINAL police report of theft, loss, etc. if appropriate.
6. Please attach a NON-CERTIFIED COPY of the valid insurance policy issued to the beneficiary.